Sunday, March 2, 2014

February 23, 2014 Elder Tristan Booth reply to our email that his grandfather had passed away

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Tristan Booth <tristan.booth@myldsmail.net> wrote:
For some reason that wasn't a shock to hear.... I was kind of expecting it. I had a Prompting to write the family especially papa all letters like 2 weeks ago and i didn't act as fast as I should have. I started And was almost done and am going to send them back Thursday but i guess its to late. It was way weird I have never in my life received such a prompting.... I'm ashamed to say that my procrastination got the better of me. Now I know to never Not act when promptings are received. I had been thinking a lot about papa, he was constantly on my mind, Since you told me he has cancer I was thinking about my last day that I was back home. My last day at home I spent with Papa. He took me to go get my licence. The lines were long so we got to sit together for quite a while. I was always wondering why on my last day all i could remember was being with him. I am so grateful that my last day was with him. He was the most Sincere man I had ever met. I feel like a lot of my qualities come from him. I truly know now that he is watching out for me. You have a great Dad Mom! I'm sad and happy for him right now. I know that he is in a better place, but at the same time i wish i could have seen him one more time. 

Well to start off about the week. I just want to say how much I love all you guys! I hope that you have been reading and praying, along with fulfilling your callings. Life is short, and we need to do all that we can to make sure that when the time comes we will be ready. This week we had an apostle of the lord come speak to us. Elder Andersen! He gave me some needed personal revelation. It has to do with time. He talks about time and mentions about how short time truly is, he makes a statement saying that someday my generation will be leading, guiding and directing the church. He then tells us that one of the reasons that we are commanded to serve missions is to know how the church is organized and to have a firm testimony of its divinity. I am sent here, to learn, grow, to know, to feel, to learn how to live with someone I might not like, to know how to solve problems, to trust in heavenly father and all the important info about life to prepare me the future. My mission will be the base point of my life. Everything will bring me back to the knowledge and understanding that I've received from being here. At the start of this week i was a little nervous, me being senior companion if the area isn't doing well than people look at me. So I've been praying really hard for a family to find that would be accepting to the gospel. So one morning we planned to go see some potentials on a street called Margrot. Everyone that we saw wasn't home or were "BUSY"...... So we had like an hour until lunch so i decided that we would knock every door on Margrot. While my companion started to knock his side, i started and said a prayer asking that we could find someone on that street that we could teach. I was halfway done with my side of the street when i watch my companion start talking to this guy in his house. I was a bit nervous because my companion is pretty weird, he doesn't really know how to talk with people. so immediately i ran over to see who the people were. I started talking with the husband and wife about their lives and trying to connect with them. the husband had to leave to go to work but the wife was still keen on listing to what I had to say, I gave her a book of Mormon and testified of its truthfulness. She accepted it and promised she would read a chapter and that we could come back. We went by Saturday night and saw her again we asked her about the book and if she had read any of it. She then told us that she did read, as soon as we had left the time before she sat down and read the chapter and believes it to be true!!!!! She told us that she just had a feeling that the book was true! it was one of the most amazing experiences I've had yet! We left her with another chapter and are going to see her again on Wednesday. The tricky part will be on getting her to act. She has 4 kids. We had found a family. Heavenly father answered my prayer. We just hope that she will want to pursue more about the book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment